apache with no-ip free dns

EternityZA

hello

ive created myself a little test site and i mananged to host it with a server thats sitting behind a NAT router by forwarding port 80 to it, this site can be accessed from outside my home network by entering the ip address of my router into internet explorer.

then i create myself a free host at no-ip.com and i used the .servegame.com option so its MySite.servegame.com.

it succesfully resolves to my ip becuese when i ping it from the wndows command line it pings the IP of my router.

but for some reason it cant be used to acces my site through a web browser.

the only thing i can think of is that it has somehhing to do with the "domain name" and "server name" fields that you have to fill in while installing apache although no matter what i put into those fields i can stil access my site using my routers IP.

is there something specific i need to place there for my setup to work? or is my problem something else

i have limited knowledge when it comes to networking and il apreaciate any help

Can the site be accessed from the outside?

If so, then I think I may have the same problem as you.  My site can be pinged from the LAN using my own domain name, however, it cannot be accessed through a browser.  It works fine from any other computer outside of the LAN.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.