Javascript help!

cip6791

Hello

I need a little help with something. The following links display 3 different divs on one page

<li id='textLinia' onclick="switchOptions('divLinia');" onmouseover="this.style.cursor = 'pointer';"><a href="#">Gama</a></li>

<li id='textPiele' onclick="switchOptions('divPiele');" onmouseover="this.style.cursor = 'pointer';"><a href="#">Tip de piele</a></li>

<li id='textTrat' onclick="switchOptions('divTrat');" onmouseover="this.style.cursor = 'pointer';"><a href="#">Tip de tratament</a></li>

I would like to set links from other pages to this page, but I want the links to link to the page with certain divs showing. How can this be done?

Thanks

Try adding this in you HEAD tags:

<script type="text/javascript">
  window.onload = function ( ) {
    var matches = window.location.href.match(/#(.+?)$/);
    if(matches[1]){
      switchOptions(matches[1]);
    }
  }
</script>

then, when you link to the page, specify the 'content' with the anchor tag:

http://yourhost.com/path/to/page.html#divPiele

cool ... thanks. it works ... but there is one thing that isn't quite right. when the page loads, the first div shows up for one second then the other div loads. can this be solved?

maybe it s just on my end ... check it out

http://pixeltennis.com/produse_cosmetice_roc.html#  <--- page with the three divs

http://pixeltennis.com/produse_html/sub_produse/roc_anti_cellulite.html <--- page with the links.

thanks for your help :)

there isn't really a way around that....you could have all three hidden at first, then add an else to the onload where if no page is specified, the first is shown. but, if someone doesn't have javascript enabled, your site wouldn't show any content.

the other option is to do it with php...is php an option?

take that code I had you put in the HEAD out and add it after the DIVs, like so:

<!--End gama !!! -->
<div id='divPiele' style="display:none; margin:0; height:340px;">
	<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="produse_cosmetice_roc_piele.html" width="752" height="340"></iframe>
	</div> 
<div id='divTrat' style="display:none; margin:0; height:340px;">

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="produse_cosmetice_roc_tratament.html" width="752" height="340"></iframe>
    </div> 
<!-- Set the page -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
      var matches = window.location.href.match(/#(.+?)$/);
      if(matches[1]) switchOptions(matches[1]);
    </script>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.