Debugging Php Code

divadiva

Experts

I am going to ask the same question I asked yesterdat but this time I will be more precise.I did tried some debugging on myside,but I would appreciate your expert advice.

My system has on of the field named "Word"(basically a textbox).In this textbox you can enter a number or word and hit search.If there is any data present in database it will return the data.But the problem is that when I hit search I get an empty table.

I was debugging and found that somehow the system is duplicating the values I enter.Supposingly I enter 'a' in word column I get 'aa' in return.

Below is the code:

<% if ($swords){
										//print_r($_POST);
										//print_r($_GET);
								                 print $swords;   								print $swords;
									$fstring .= " AND ( `description` REGEXP '$swords' 
									OR `configuration` REGEXP '$swords' 
									OR `software` REGEXP '$swords' 
									OR `hardware` REGEXP '$swords' 
									OR `model` REGEXP '$swords' 
									OR `manufacturers` REGEXP '$swords' 
									OR `process` REGEXP '$swords' 
									OR `inventory_id` REGEXP '$swords' 
									OR `serial_number` REGEXP '$swords'
									OR `tool_id` REGEXP '$swords' )";
} else {									print 'N/A';

$print sword  at the top is for check .I tried what you have sugegsted but didnt work.

I have another file "edit inventory" It uses same piece of code and works there.

Please help me on this.I will appreciate your suggestions.

I tried that doesnt do any good .

Actuallt I have one more file "Edit Inventory" which uses same logic "WORD" works fine.But somehow this doesnt works.

Interestingly ,in the other file if I type print$swords it returns one alphabet whereas the file I am trying to debug returns duplicate values.Thats why I mentioned this point in one of my previous posts.

Cheers!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.