[SOLVED] Problem with PHP 4 and 5 class difference

Murlyn

I am using the PEAR Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer class and the app that was working on an older server is not working on a server running PHP 5.  Im trying to debug the problem and one thing I am seeing right off the bat is that when I do a print on the php 4 class it displays this:

spreadsheet_excel_writer_worksheet Object

but a print of the PHP 5 class shows this:

Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer_Worksheet Object

Now is this going to matter in the big scheme of things? or is the problem elsewhere?

Problem is elsewhere.

Please post the error message you're receiving from the interpreter.

Edit:

Btw, this belongs in 3rd party scripts, but since it's semi OOP related I won't tell you to go post it there.

Problem is that it exports a blank page instead of an excel sheet. So I am not getting any errors, otherwise I might be able to track down the problem.  Im grasping at straws of why this is not working at this point.  It's a PEAR module so there are a lot of dependencies. Thankfully I have tracked the problem down to the spreadsheet writer class, but not having luck with figuring out where the problem lies at this point.  Any ideas?

I have attached the dump of the object, the old.txt is the one that works on a PHP 4.x server and then the new.txt is the one that does not work on the PHP 5.x server.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok I found one problem. A function is passing an object, but it's not being passed correctly on the PHP 5 server.

$worksheet = new Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer_Worksheet($this->_BIFF_version,
                                   $name, $index,
                                   $this->_activesheet, $this->_firstsheet,
                                   $this->_str_total, $this->_str_unique,
                                   $this->_str_table, $this->_url_format,
                                   $this->_parser);

function Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer_Worksheet($BIFF_version, $name,
                                                $index, &$activesheet,
                                                &$firstsheet, &$str_total,
                                                &$str_unique, &$str_table,
                                                &$url_format, &$parser)

When I echo or print_r the $url_format or the $parser variables in PHP 4 it shows the object, but in PHP 5 it is not showing the object. The variable is actually blank... thoughts?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.