PHPBB3 top articles.

Hi I installed a PHPBB3 mod called Evaluate Topics that way I can rank articles on my forums. The mod works perfectly now however I need to link that to my main page so I can have a top articles section. :) Here's the code I use to do this..

<?php
    $output = '';

//-- Fetch the data from the specified fora
    $news_fora_id = array( '19' ); // Change in the fora id's you need
$topic_count = '1'; // Change in the number of topics you want to show.
    $query = "
            SELECT p.topic_id, p.forum_id, p.post_time, p.post_subject, p.post_text, p.bbcode_bitfield, p.bbcode_uid,
                u.user_id, u.user_email, u.username, u.user_posts, u.user_rank, u.user_colour, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_allow_viewemail,
                t.topic_title,
                    (
                        SELECT COUNT( post_id )
                        FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . "
                            WHERE topic_id = p.topic_id
                    ) AS aantal_posts
            FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " AS p, " . USERS_TABLE . " AS u, " . TOPICS_TABLE . " AS t ". TOPICS_EVALUATION_TABLE ." AS e
                WHERE " . $db->sql_in_set( 'p.forum_id', $news_fora_id ) . "
                    AND u.user_id = p.poster_id
                    AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id
            GROUP BY evaluation
            ORDER BY evaluation DESC
            LIMIT 0, {$topic_count}
        ";

//die('<pre>' . $query );
    $result = $db->sql_query( $query );
    while( $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
    {
        // Send data to output var
        $output .= "<h2><a href=\"" . $phpbb_root_path . "viewtopic.php?f={$row['forum_id']}&t={$row['topic_id']}\" title=\""  . censor_text($row['post_subject']) . "\">-".censor_text($row['post_subject'])."</a></h2>\n";
        //$output .= "<p style=\" padding-bottom: 3em; \">\n\t";
    }

// print the output
    print( $output );
    ?>

And here's the test page I setup to test this out: http://shaderguru.x10hosting.com/test.php

I know the PHPBB3 headers are already sent so that shouldn't be a problem. I also need to know how to make it so it loops throught more then one forum as I have 4 article forums that need to be checked for top articles. You can see my forums here: http://shaderguru.x10hosting.com/forums/index.php

Edit: In case your wondering my ranks are stored in a mySQL database under the table "phpbb_topics_evaluation". It has topic_id, evaluation, and user_id in the table.

Thanks for any help,

-Toaster

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.