email troubles

dumdumsareyum

I'm not sure if this is a problem with my php settings, a mail server problem, or a hosting problem (or a personal problem  :o). I'm trying to send mail using the mail function when a form is submitted. I'm also using ini_set to set the smtp and the sendmail_from.  I am trying to send the mail from info@mydomain.com to someemailaddress@mydomain.com.  When I put it on my website hosted through godaddy, it works fine (I also tried this without setting the smtp and it worked ok). When I put it on the real site it's going on hosted at bluehost the email will not send to any email addresses @ mydomain.com. It will send to other email accounts (a gmail account, yahoo account, etc.), but when it shows up in those inboxes it is being received from myusername@bluehostbox#.com instead of info@mydomain.com.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on? I'm not really an email person....so I have no clue :)  ps the mail currently is on an exchange server.

I think I figured it out! since for some reason the bluehost site is not honoring my ini_set for sendmail_from, and it's coming from a bluehost email box, it's getting caught by the spam filter. So I either have to find out why bluehost won't let me change the sendmail_from setting or allow that email address through...Seems so obvious now :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.