Need a PHP enviroment to run an on site inputting offline

cooldude832

I have a series of files used to update  a database of items.

We want to take it into a warehouse with a laptop (offline) to input products and then use that local database to update the main database.

How can I do this (I just tried to take WAMP from my x86 vista system to a XP system and it didn't work) 

No i've set up some scripts to update mysql and generate some simple reports.

They are usually part of a panel on the primary site.  Well we want to take it into the warehouse where there is no internet or network on multiple laptops and do an inventory.  So each laptop would get a USB flash drive with the "server" and "scripts" and go in the warehouse record inventory and then I will add all the databases collected to the main database.

I loaded wamp on my Vista system and ran it flawlessly stock off the USB drive, went plugged my drive into another computer and no good WAMP wouldn't initialize.  Anyone got an idea on how to do it.

I know how to get around the "no network", but getting the WAMP to run off different machines is the part I can't get.

Vista and XP have significant differences.  I'm surprised it worked on vista but not XP .. usually it would be the other way round.  That makes me think that perhaps the WAMP is configured for vista?

You might try installing a second WAMP while using the XP system, and get that one working.  Then users can run either the XP or Vista one from the USB drive, depending on what OS they have.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.