how can I track POST variable thru 3rd party cart pages...

mac007

Hello,

was wandering if anybody out there can help me with the following:

We use a third-party shopping cart, but they dont really make it easy to be able to buy "memberships". The way we have it now, is that they buy a "membership-card" (say item code: CLUBMEMBER", which when they buy it along with other products, it automatically discounts all items by 25%... it all works pretty good. EXCEPT that we want to, at the final confirmation page, to automatically show ONLY the people that bought this membership-card "item", a registration form. So my question is: how can I track this "CLUBMEMBER" POST variable along all checkout pages, so that if  AND ONLY IF customer does buy it, it will then show "registration" form.

I thought about setting a SESSION like "if POST-variable item_code exists and item_code=MEMBERCLUB" then set SESSION "CLUB", and then on confirmation page add something like "if CLUB session is set, then show registration form"...

but then I realized that woudlnt work just right, cause if customer decides to delete that CLUBMEMBER item, but leaves other products in cart, then registration form would still show up, even though customer took it off cart...

Anyways, not sure if I am making sense. In the end, I am just trying to get around their whole cumbersome ways, and simply make my own script...

Any help much appreciated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.