flash contact form

bradjinc

Hello all,

I have recently purchased one of those Flash XML photo gallery type website templates. I have had great success with the XML and the images, links etc. I am very happy with the outcome of the site.

My last battle seems to be trying to get the contact page to work. I am a novice dumb@#$ at this PHP stuff, so hopefully this will be an easy question for someone. I have been looking through forums and tutorials and have tried a bunch of different things and I can't get anything to work.

When I fill out the contact form on the site I get back an empty email. Also; the blinking text “Sending” never turns off on the site after I click send.

I have changed the obvious things in the MailPHP.php file but don’t know what to do next. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I will include the original PHP code that came with the site. I was able to change the email address to my own and receive an empty message. I am also able to change the "toname" and "tosubject" sections and see those changes on the other end.

Thanks,

//name = _namex

//email = _emailx

//phone = _phonex

//comments = _commx

$headers  = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";

$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";

$headers .= 'From: Sh Faisal' . "\r\n" .'Reply-To: company@gmail.com' . "\r\n";

$ToEmail = "company@gmail.com";

$ToName = "Your Name";

$ToSubject = "New email";

$EmailBody = "<table width='716' height='207' border='1' bgcolor='#090909'>

<tr>

<td><font size='2' face='Arial' color='#999999'>Sent By: $_namex \nSenders Email: $_emailx\n Message Sent:\n$_commx</font></td>

</tr>

</table>";

$EmailFooter="\nThis message was sent by: $_namex from $REMOTE_ADDR ";

$Message = $EmailBody.$EmailFooter;

mail($ToName." <".$ToEmail.">",$ToSubject, $Message, $headers);

Print "_root.Status=success";

?>

this line

Print "_root.Status=success";

looks Flash based ie

_root.Status=success;

, you sure that shouldn't be in the action script, as it will not do much in php, other than print to the screen, yes in flash it will change the variable.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.