Download problem?

Lashiec

I've got a problem with a server. It's running Mac 10.5.3 server, has MAMP running on it, and also the Mac server admin apache stuff.

It use to just have MAMP, but the company I work for wanted Final Cut Server installed and that decided to activate the macs version of apache, php, etc. which kind of started working over my MAMP server. I had to switch my MAMP server to a different port (8000) because the version of php with the mac doesn't have the gd library in it.

I tried to install a newer version of PHP on the server, but when I change the apache config file to load the new php5 module the server doesn't start, and even if I disable php all together it doesn't start...

All of the above isn't too serious, since we just use on web application that needs the MAMP server. But, another issue popped up recently where people try to download files (around 40 megs each) and it stops at 99%. The weirdest thing is that on my home computer (Firefox 3) it worked fine. At work on a laptop (IE7) it stops at 99%. Another computer (IE7) it stops at 99%. Two clients of ours are having the same problem, one uses a Mac and the other is unknown. My mac at work I was able to download the file, and other files... Sometimes working, sometimes stopping at 99%.

I use to have the MAMP server on port 81, but switched to 8000 incase a firewall was blocking it or something, but that didn't help. Even if I use the mac web server (default port 80) it's hit or miss on the file downloads too.

Both apache servers are pointing to the same htdocs folder, if that has anything to do with this... But, I was told that this problem started a few weeks ago, before we even had to put Final Cut Server on our Xserve. Prior to that, the website hosting these files has been working fine since about February.

I'm not a huge apache or web server admin really, more of a PHP person and general computer knowledge. So, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any idea of what could be happening? It's hit or miss on this thing, and it's not telling me anything in any of the apache or php error logs. I had some people who couldn't download these files use our  internal IP and it worked fine... Of course it downloaded at like 10 megs a second since it's on our own network.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.