<?php

session_start();

if (!isset ($_SESSION["afso_userid"]))

{
  header ("Location:main.php?login=missing");
}

include("connect.php");

if($log){

$sqllog=mysql_query(" SELECT  * FROM  register_account WHERE account_number='$account_number'  AND  account_key='$account_key' AND status='1' ");
$sqllog=mysql_query("UPDATE register_account  SET  lastlogin= '$lastlogin' where id='$id'");

if($sqllog){
$row=mysql_fetch_array($sqllog);
$rowid=$row["id"];
} 

$num=mysql_num_rows($sqllog);
if($num > 0){

$_SESSION["afso_userid"]=$row["id"];
   header ("Location: index.php");
}
else
{
  header ("Location: main.php?login=wrong");
}

}
?>

Form variables don't just automagically apear by id name in your code, they are all wrapped inside the $_POST array, which you have referenced nowhere, that's why all your variables are empty.

Also you are still inmediatly overwritting your SELECT statement with your UPDATE statement, effectively making the SELECT by account and password completely useless.

Cool. In a situation like this, how do i update the last login of a specific user? I have also noted that overwriting a select statement will do  my program no good. How do i solve my problem. Can someone give me a sample code???

Cool. In a situation like this, how do i update the last login of a specific user? I have also noted that overwriting a select statement will do  my program no good. How do i solve my problem. Can someone give me a sample code???

In my page, to update the user's last login I do this:

<?php
// once the login has been verified and mysql_fetch_array has been executed
$id = $row['user_id'];
$now = strtotime("now");
$result = mysql_query("UPDATE User SET user_last_login='$now' WHERE user_id='$id' ") or die(mysql_error());

that's all you really need

Did you even try the code I gave you? Don't see why you were complaining about getting no sample code from anyone...

I suffer the same epidemic. People ask for code and when its given, they say "why doesnt anyone help me?" or they try one suggestion of the 5 given and say that it doesnt work and that nobody here knows what theyre talking about.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.