Email Activtion using JPMaster77 Login Script, How to?

Hello all.  New to the forum and relatively new to PHP, so please forgive me any gaffs or wrong terms.

I recently built a simple blog site using DW's built in PHP/MySQL features and incorporated JPMaster77's Login suite.  I basically have monkeyed this site together and have tweaked a few things here and there.  I have been able to customize my registration and include other fields as well and a Captcha.  But my problem is that I can not seem to figure out how to create an email activation (activation key sent to user before they can login) function for this site. 

I have searched extensively on evolt.org (where I originally obtained the Login Script) and also found a forum dedicated to JPs login that had some great info on email activation.  But I am getting conflicting info on why the modifications I have tried don't work.  Some have claimed that it won't work with PHP5 (is this Login script considered to be outdated now?) but that didn't seem right cause my site is being hosted on a PHP5 server.

Does anyone have experience with JPMaster77's Login system and have a good tutorial on adding email activation functionality?

BTW - My site is http://www.nothingaboutnothing.com if you would like to see it and that it works on PHP5 host.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.