Post Data and internet explorer

MichaelMackey

So what's the deal with POST data and Internet Explorer?  It doesn't seem to play too friendly with IE and history.back options.

What's the best way to deal with this?  Everything I try seems to have the same effect and the general impression I get from googling is that short of changing my POST to something like SESSION there isn't much I can do.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Mike

Simple solution: don't use history.back Anytime you go back into a page that processed form data, you are resubmitting the data. You should always redirect from a page that handles post data to a  page that doesn't.

EDIT: and I agree with ^ you need to tell us your problem.

You would need to tell us specifically what problem you are having for anyone in a Forum to be able to give you a specific answer.

Sorry,

Essentially I have a few places where there will be two pages.  One page has a fair amount of post data on it, and occasionally it will send the user to a new page depending on what they select.  The problem is these pages can be accessed from multiple locations so I need the user to just be able to be sent back a page when they are done at the new page.  In Firefox this works ok, it gives a post data prompt but it does send them back.  In IE though it just won't work and I have to refresh it for it to load the page.

This was definitely not something I was thinking about before hand as post data is new to me.  I'm working on a system that was previously set up so saying no to POST data is just not an option at this stage, it's used everywhere. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.