case sensative files and directories: windows/linux conversion?

PC Nerd

Hi,

Linux is case sensative, windows isnt.  So how can i set PHP ( or is apache) to read my directories as case sensative.  Ive continually run into the problem when uploading to my host which is linux - it non of the links ever workign because their case sensative....?

Thanks

When you upload via FTP you should be able to force lowercase if that will achieve what you want?

To be honest I like to name things like NewsObject.php, so I write in the same case in the include files,

this might annoy someone else, but I prefer it.

I intend on building myself a series of naming conventions ( camel case etc)... however it would be nice to have my server correct me and yell errors at me if i dont... ( i know,.. seems weird doesnt it)...

any other suggestions?

Ummm..

Backup... Download Ubuntu Studio... Install... Voila ;-)  Same OS at both side.

I'm joking, but it is an option, you can dual boot.

And also...

Download install Eclipse (apt-get install eclipse)

Download install Aptana and Aptana PHP Plugin (add to update sites on eclipse and download through eclipse update)

Apache2... apt-get apache2

PHP5.... apt-get php5

etc. etc. etc. ...

I have Linux dual booted, however im doing thei project on windows..... im only dual booting to get the feel of linux, learn it etc..... Ill be migrating web development over eventually though.  ( software developmet Ido is for windows, so i need a lot of my stuff on windows too ....).

are there an apache modules or whatever that tell it to be case sensitive.?

thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.