"Virtual" directory?

NathanLedet

so i am wondering if this is possible, and how.

Right now, we have client site set up for each of our clients that we work with.

For example:

oursite.com/client1

oursite.com/client2

Within those client folders, we have other sub folders, like so:

oursite.com/client1/project1

oursite.com/client1/project2

oursite.com/client2/project1

the script I'm using now will automatically create a physical directory on the site...

Is it possible to create a script which recognizes those directories and sub directories, but those directories don't exist on the site? it's all handled by code, but the URL bar appears to be in those sub directories.

hope this makes sense..Thanks!

Actually, someone posted the same question...almost exactly what I was curious about:

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,204517.0.html

Here's another way to explain it... Myspace.com, for example.  to get to someones account, you type in myspace.com/username

Now, does myspace.com have MILLIONS of sub-directories for usernames? I don't think so...it doesn't make sense to me that they would.

its not really a directory... its a diffferent way of writing uri. this has been popular when frameworks starts popping up. I had tried this but I used cakePHP. Actually the structure is somewhat different than the usual PHP (some uses MVC) but definitely it would be useful once you get the ahng of it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.