please help me, thanks

nba1985

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I am wanting to create a website that allows users to sign up to a team, when authorised by me.

They then are signed to a team i.e LA LAKERS as the captain, and can offer trials and a contract to otehr members to fill there team.

Once teams are filled, users play the games on XBOX LIVE and then come to the site and input the score results, the tables are then automatically updated if both teams score reports match.

If one team fails to report there score within 2 days then team who did report the score gets the win.

Sites that are like the one I want are:

http://www.virtualsportzcenter.com

and

www.yourfifaleague.net

I have downloaded a PHP Script called CCLEAGUES from www.orlandocastillo.com

I am wondering am I going about this the right way, can anyone recommend anything to me as a newb at this?

Would anyone offer support for me?

I appreciate all replies, and thank you in advance

Also has anyone used PHP Runner before? Is it possible to create something to what I want with this program?

Cheers.

hmm

first of all if your looking for recomendations/support on "CCLEAGUES", then you should post in the third part scripts board.

I googled it - and it didnt appear to have any major links for it, so it doesnt look liek youll get good documentation ( though i really only did splay 5 seconds waiting for google and thats it).

If your looking for a good system, probably open source then youll want somethign like:

a google result:  http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=php%2C+open+source+sports+management&btnG=Search&meta=

http://sportstechnow.com/2008/04/24/score-os-open-source-fantasy-sports-management-system/ - looks ok - why not read more about that?

as for offering support for a system - no one here will really officially support a particular script unless either a) they wrote it or b) their paid to.  If you need to get some coding support for a system, or adaptations made - and you really arent interested in learning php.... then freelancing board is your friend.  Plenty of people there will have a number of solutiosn to offer etc.

Also, if your happy to do a lot of the points calculatiosn yourself ( or in excel or whatever), then maybe all you need is a form or CMS to do this, in which case SMF is awesome, and although i havent used them before: moddle and joomla might help you ( although i recomend you learn at least some basic php to use those).

good luck....

edit:  and be patient!  most people here will read your post and go "wrong section" or "do your own research buddy"... so don texpect a reply so soon ( often youll have to wait at least a day for replies... sometimes up to a week on othe rboards around the place).

edit(again):: DONT DOUBLE POST.... youve jsut poster a copy of this one into PHP installation which is also the wrong place.  Maybe you shoudl read the boards descriptions before you post in there ( and thenread the guidlines?)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.