[SOLVED] Apache 2.2 + PHP 5.2.6 + MySQL 5.0 = no mysql

bobbfwed

I am by no means new to Apache, PHP, or MySQL, but I have been out of the game for a good year or so.

I have just re-installed all the new stuff Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2.6, and MySQL 5.0. Apache/PHP works great, but for the life of me I cannot get MySQL working. I used the installer for all three, which might have something to do with it.

Initially PHP had some obscure PHP.ini that seemed to have everything, but was missing certain things like the list of omitted extensions and such. I downloaded the "manual" version of PHP and copied the php.ini-recommended to my PHP directory and worked off that instead. But, to no avail. The PHP directory didn't have any of the exension binaries anyway; so again I copied that from the downloaded "manual" copy, and placed in the PHP/ext directory.

My first test to see if it works is trying to run a fresh copy of phpmyadmin, but it just always says, "Cannot load mysql extension."

I'm sure you guys get a million of these every day, but I couldn't find any help on tutorials on the net...so I came here.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.