PHP and MySQL best book?

next

Please recommend a definite must read for PHP+MySQL.

Content should include PHP5 OOP, advanced MySQL technics (like procedures, joins, proper DB development), security and most importantly good examples.

I was reading "Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition" which is a really great book in my opinion, but unfortunately i'm unable to proceed thanks to PDO bug under windows, and all attempts to fix this bug where unsuccessful.

Thanks.

silly goober, this is what the internet is for, the main thought of php and mysql is that they are free, so why shouldn't the content of how to use them be free? Just use google, anyone with half a brain can figure out how to code php and do mysql queries

For $25, I bought 'php and mysql for dummies' and I kid you not, was an amazing starter for me. You can probably get it cheaper, and dummies books are awesome at explaining concepts that more advanced books don't even cover. And they make it enjoyable to read. After that, I recommend any of the o'reilly books that are php related(they always have different animals on the cover) and then recently I bought the 'php 5 and mysql bible' which covers pretty much everything. Overall about $100 spent on books.

and STUMBLE!!! often. If you dont know what it is, download FF and do a google search. Select 'web technology' and 'programming' and you'll gain invalueable knowledge from blogs, tutorials, and the like

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.