400 Bad Request for Macs..

oshecho

The site I work for has three web servers behind a overbalancer. When someone running Mac OS posts a message on the message board(phpBB3) that is more than a few lines, it gives a 'Bad Request' error if is from server #1. Server #2 and #3 work as expected.

The exact error is:

400 Bad Request
Your Browser sent a request the server doesn't understand.
Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at acherryontop.com Port 80

I have already compared httpd configuration, php configuration, and the virtual host configuration between the server with the problem and with a fully working server. There where no differences between them except a small unrelated difference with the virtual host configuration.

Does anyone know what the problem is or where else I should look?

You'll have to try logging the HTTP Client Requests when it returns that Error either by asking the user to submit a Packet Sniffed Log or logging Server Side in the PHP Code.

Compare it to say an IE/Opera HTTP Request when Posting. That might help..

It could be due to mal-formated data in GET/POST Variables from the HTML Form or the URI part of the HTTP Request.

As you say "a few lines" it must be Line Ending issues...

it must be treating the 0x0D's &/ 0x0A's them as part of the HTTP Request Lines instead of POST Variables,

that would be the only concieveable way I can think of which would give a 400 Error considering the circumstances.

Hope that helps!

Jim,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.