Links to web pages using static name.

rscott7706

Pardon me if this has been answered, I searched on several key words and did not find an answer.

I am setting up a database that a non-profit can post their own news articles. 

Here is the structure:

Type          Collation 

id           int(3)

event         varchar(255)

link           varchar(255)

date_added timestamp

delete_date date

I want to have the "link" field contain the page link (ie http:/www.somewhere.com) the user will be directed to.  But, I would like a generic title to appear (instead of the address itself) - like "Go to this Link".

In other words, the PHP coding would make the words "Go to this Link" appear on the web page, but link to the link contained in the database link field.

I hope I explained that well, and someone can help.  Thanks in advance!!

Ron

Yes , you would get what ever link is in the database. It seems as if you want to just make a regular link to a site. So yes the $link_variable refers to the link in the database.

In the statement you posted you closed the a tag with [/url] which that is BBCODE for forums and is not HTML syntax.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.