changing the language of the links (english-spanish)

fallen_angel21

I'm creating a site right now wherein the user has an option what language the user wants to use in browing the site.... either english or spanish...

now the problem is I have to change the links too right? is there a way where in I could do that except from using a condition statement? cause look, it's like having around 50 links and if I'm gonna use a condition, then the code will be too confusing...

It depends how you store each version {english, spanish} of the content of the site.  If the content is stored in a database with 2 columns, one for eng, one for span, then you may want to follow suite with the links.

It really depends how your site is deployed, and what needs to be translated.  Some people simply copy the site once complete and add it to a directory off the main site and translate it.

ie:  yoursite.com

yoursite.com/es  <-- contains main site, but then everything is translated.

Depends mainly on how often your content is updated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.