Apache can't access my site from internet

robocop_911

Hello,

I've installed apache, since two days I've been trying to fix this problem.

I can't access index.html in htdocs directory from internet, although I can access it locally by typing http://localhost/ from the computer hosting the server but *not* from somewhere else!

I've forwarded port 80 and checked it at www.canyouseeme.org and it says "Port 80 is open - your ISP is *not* blocking it", but still I can't access my website from other computer!

I've also tried changing port to 8000 and changed the httpd.conf file to "Listen 8000", but still *same* thing

whenever I type my public IP address on the browser it says "server is taking too long to respond".

What should I do now?

did u try to checking from you computer first?did u check your dns?can u ping public domains to see if u can access directly to outside.did u already register your domain to you ISP or public registrar?if all these questions are yes, then proceed to step 2....check first your firewall if alllow you server to access from public.check you internet connection.check your IPtables if you are using Linux.check your virual host in apache.If you are using DSL internet, check if you can use port forwarding to use port 80.what else?i dont know, just check all those things first and get back to me.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.