Drop Down From Link?

SahDu

Hey there. So I have just run into an issue which I believe was caused by an upgrade to the host I've been using. What used to occur is I had a bullet list of URL's and, once the URL was clicked, the information for that specific link would open on the same  page as a subpage (in the example below, the main page is "houseproblems.php" and the subpage is "houseproblems.php?report"). However, as of recently, nothing opens when the link is clicked i.e. no subpage is displayed. Below is the code I've been using. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Let me know if I was unclear or could elaborate more. Thanks!

Jeff

----------------------------------------------

<ul>
      <li><a href="houseproblems.php?report">Report a Problem</a></li>
  	<?php if(isset($report)) {?>
		<br />
		<form id="reportform" name="reportform" method="post" action="houseproblems.php">
		<input type=hidden name="required" value="problemfield,namefield">
		<input type=hidden name="missing_fields_redirect" value="../submitted.php?error">
		  <p><span class="style2">Please note: your name will be posted along with your problem, so please refrain from posting false problems. </p>
		  <p class="required">All fields must be filled in.</p>
		    <label><p>Problem:</p>
			<p><textarea name="problemfield" cols="50" rows="6" id="additional information"></textarea></p>
	        </label>
		    <label> <p>Where is the location of the problem above?</p>
	        <p><input name="wherefield" type="text" id="wherefield" size="25" maxlength="50" /></p>
	        </label>			
               		<input name="submitted" type="hidden" id="submitted" value="1" />
		  </p>
		  <p>
		<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Report" />   <input type="reset" name="Reset" value="Reset" />
	      </p>
                      </form>
    <p>  </p>
  <?php } ?>

Change this:

<li><a href="houseproblems.php?report">Report a Problem</a></li>
  	<?php if(isset($report)) {?>

to this:

<li><a href="houseproblems.php">Report a Problem</a></li>
  	<?php if(isset($Report)) {?>

or to this if your trying to anchor link to a Report column on a PHP page.

<li><a href="houseproblems.php#report">Report a Problem</a></li>
  	<?php if(isset($Report)) {?>

The idea of the anchor is correct. I am attempting to make it expand from the current page that I'm on (meaning, the URL of the page that this link occurs on is "houseproblems.php" and I want to open a subsection of that.) I tried both listed above and clicking the link simply reloads the page. Sorry if I was unclear before. Thanks!

Jeff

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.