Quick Question about Mysql and PHP

paulman888888

I have my code, and would like to use the WHERE function. My code below.

$sort = isset($_GET['order']) ? mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['order']) : 'id';
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM unit4_music ORDER BY $sort WHERE who=$_GET['who'] ASC"); //the part that needs editing

The problem is that the my URL will not always have something with the who variable.

Ill explain

mypage.php?who=50 <<-- thats fine because it will show everything where who equals 50

mypage.php <<-- theres know ?who=number, and when its like that i would not like to use the WHERE function.

Its hard to explain but i bet theres a simple solution.

THankyou

paul

just use an if statement like you did with the sort

<?php
$sort = isset($_GET['order']) ? mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['order']) : 'id';
$where = isset($_GET['who']) ? "WHERE `who` = '".mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['who'])."' " : "";
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM unit4_music $where ORDER BY $sort "; ; //the part that needs editing
?>

Also fixed the statement, WHERE comes before ORDER

Ray

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.