Help debugging client having problems with site

JRS

Hi,

Strange problem - My site allows users to register their client contact details on the site. One user when he tries to register his customers - randomly certain customers don't get registered, while others get registered. If the client tries to re-enter these particular

data - nothing happens.

If he sends me the data and I try it - I am able to enter the data without any problems. I've also tried from a system with the

same OS & Browser as the client - still no problems for me.

My site is built using PHP 4.4.8 & MySql 4.1.22 - standard

My question is has anyone experienced a similar situation, where a client is unable to enter data on a site - and others have no problem interacting with the site. If so what caused the problem.

Another question is what would be a good way to debug this type of problem?

Thanks in advance

JRS

Hi l0ve2hat3,

The code is quite large - didn't want to waste people time muddling through it.

Basically it's a form - form fields are processed using $_POST and the data is verified and then inserted into a mysql db.

As I mentioned it appears to work without a problem on various systems - except for this 1 system: running Vista & IE. Some

records are not being inserted.

I am thinking of adding some sort of logging mechanism and ask him to enter data and write everything to a file and see what is

going on with the system.

Thanks for your reply

JRS

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.