[SOLVED] setting up db on server

kev wood

i am trying to transfer some web files across to another server and which has a mysql db attached to the site with l

user name and password.  i have moved all the files across and changed all the site paths over but when i try to register on the site i get this warning

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user: 'kchamber@131-202-67-212.rev.prod.hosteurope.com' (Using password: YES) in /home/kchamber/public_html/mercury/db.php on line 11 Couldn't connect to server.

originally i had left the user name and password the same and got the same result so i changed the user name and password to the ones i had to use to login to the server to upload the files and i am still getting the same error.

Am i missing something out? do i need to set it up with its own login details to connect to the db on the server?

i have logged on to the control pannel set up the the db and now it is allowing me to connect but i am getting this error now and do not know what it means.

You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 15

line 15 on the db.php page is

or die("Couldn't select database.");

and on the create table page

`tad3` varchar(250) not null,

i cannot see ant errors here and the lines before all have there semi colons at the end

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.