PHPmailer Problem

Jmz

I seem to be having a problem with PHPmailer. The emails only seem to be sending out to certain email addresses. My work email, gmail and hotmail account work fine but if I go to send to one of my email addresses for one of my domains or my friends email address it wont send the email out.

I'm using qmail and plesk and I've checked my sendmail path is correct, I've tried SMTP with and without authentication and I tried pop before smtp authentication.

Has anybody came across anything like this before, or is there anything else I should test? Can I make PHPmailer output the message why it couldn't send the email?

Also I've noticed that the emails that wont go out are normally to domains registered with 1and1 which is where my site is hosted, could they have some something stopping me sending emails from one of their servers to itself?

**edit, I should also point out that I had this setup running fine on my old server which was cPanel, the problems have only occured since I switched.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.