CMS across multiple sites

-null-

I have recently made the switch from asp.net to php and am looking for a similar cms to the one I was previously working with in .net.

I'm looking for a CMS that can administer multiple sites from the one admin.  Something where the full CMS would be installed on a main domain but a basic "front end" section could be installed on separate sub-domain folders.  The content on all the domains (main and sub) would be administered from the one admin system.  It would also be ideal if the CMS allowed the design of the sites to be administered as well, something like wordpress but where the design could be copied over to all sites.

There seem to be hundreds of CMSs in PHP, are there any that provide this kind of functionality.  I think the answer is probably no but thought I'd ask just in case.

I've had a look at Joomla but its multi site isn't quite what I'm looking for.  The problem is that each of the sites will be in a different folder with the particular url pointing to that folder.  Most of the multi-site functionality of the CMSs need the urls to point to the same place.

Anyway it looks like I'm going to have to do some fiddling about to get exactly what I need.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.