2 tables.

grlayouts

TABLE ONE

attack who type unit amount

427  12406  3  0  3237705

TABLE TWO

id username handle

12406 megb    tnuKapuS

hi i have two tables. what i want is it to order it by the highest ammount in table one then print out that ammount but match the 'who' in table 1 to 'id' in table two and print that..

so like

most: 3237705 user megb.

This really has nothing to do with PHP and should have been posted in the MySQL forum, but

SELECT attack.table1, who.table1, type.table1, unit.table1, amount.table1, id.table2, username.table2, handle.table2
FROM table1, table2
WHERE who.table1 = id.table2
ORDER BY amount.table1

That's just something rough though but it should work.

Well I'm sorry for one I had my code backwards a little bit, this will output exactly what you want (from the post), though I don't know the table names that you use so I'm going to sub table1 and table2 in accordance to your first post.

<?php
$query = "SELECT table1.amount, table2.username FROM table1, table2 WHERE table1.who = table2.id ORDER BY amount DESC LIMIT 1"
$sql = mysql_query($query);
$array = mysql_fetch_array($sql);
echo("most: ".$array['amount']." user ".$array['username']);
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.