PHP Sessions - This is my host's problem right???

Pale

Hi all,

I've run some simple websites on my host for over a year now.  All of the sudden, all of my logins have stopped working.  I've narrowed this down to a session issue and wrote this test script...

http://mikegamin.com/temp/sessionTest.php

The source code running that test script is echoed out on the page as well so you can all see it.  Basically all it's supposed to do is set and unset a session variable alternating on every refresh.  The session variable never truly gets set though.  Could someone take a look at this and confirm my suspicion that my host is to blame.

FYI, this server is running PHP 4, but I don't think that should matter as sessions have been around forever.

Thanks in advance for the help.

BTW, I've been looking for a good PHP forum and this is my first post here, so I look forward to getting help and helping out as many people as I can in the future.

If all of your scripts were previously working and you haven't edited them it may have been something your host has changed/updates yes. I suggest you email then and ask them what updates they've undertaken recently.

Well I managed to temporarily fix this problem by creating a php.ini file to override the default one in all appropriate directories that points session.save_path to a directory i have control over.

Hurray i guess. They better fix it properly soon.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.