Content display system? Template system? Help me please.

matthewhaworth

I am getting really bored of looking through content display systems and template systems and nothing appealing to me.  A template system is far too much work for my site I think.. and a lot of people seem to be going off them.. people have suggested using a page class that is initiated on each page and add content to it through methods before rendering it at the end.  But that presents the problem of putting HTML into classes : P which is 'bad technique'.  (And I hate using bad technique). 

I just want someone to show me more alternatives *sigh* though I'm being a bit too picky.. I just don't know which way I want to go about it.

Presently.. just to keep me doing something, I've created a new php page for each like module of my website.. and each module seems to have its own class which is a really a library of functions for that page.

I'm a mess.. any advice?

Ever had a look at the smarty library? http://smarty.php.net

You sound a bit like me, being picky and everything and not liking bad techniques :) i really could find myself in the zend framework http://framework.zend.com, go and have a look, maybe it works out as great as it did for me :D

btw being picky just means where perfectionists :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.