help needed with $strip_tags

kev wood

i have just been looking at the strip tags function within php.  what i want it to do is go through a page and take out any unwanted symbols in my a href tags.  I am using a wysiwyg html editor on the backend of a site.  when the user creates a link using this editor it is adding \ to the code.

is it possible to get this function to go through all the tags and delete the unwanted \ from the tags.  If it can be done can someone show me a tutorial on how to complete this task.  if this function can not do this can someone point me in the direction of the correct function to use.

yes it a pain in the ar*e i have just been looking at the preg_replace function then and was just about to post that up here.  the question i have about that tho is how can i get it to only search through the links that have been generated.

if i want it to work through the whole page what would i have $data set to. could i have $data set to the page name and have this on its own php page and then call this function at the top  of the page.

also how would i only get it to work through the a href tags as some slashes could have been added by the user for visual representation.

<?php
$data = "let me guess. it\'s adding stuff like \"this\"?";
$data = str_replace("\'", "'", $data);
print $data;

or you could use

print stripslashes( "let me guess. it\'s adding stuff like \"this\"?" );

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.