Problem with e-mail output

brandt

I have an e-mail script setup which outputs links depending on what options someone selects from a web form. Lately, I have been seeing junk output coming from my variable. For instance, one of the links that is outputted displays in the e-mail as:

http://files.myd!%0a+omain.com/pdf/document1.pdf

It is inserting the !%0a+ from somewhere and I cannot figure out where.

I have a form where people can select multiple checkboxes to select files they want:

$msg  =($_POST['item1'])?"<a href=\"".$path2pdf."document1.pdf\">Download 1 here</a><br>":"";
$msg .=($_POST['item2'])?"<a href=\"".$path2pdf."document2.pdf\">Download 2 here</a><br>":"";

and so on...

$path2pdf is simply set to http://files.mydomain.com/

I have tested it via an echo and it outputs the message perfectly fine. The error only appears in the email itself. I have tested this with a variety of e-mail clients. What could be causing this? Thank you in advance.

Are you sending any headers with the mail? If so, what are they? If they're wrong they can sometimes make weird things happen. It seems strange that it was working and now it's not though... Do you know if anything has been changed on your server?

I am not sure about things changing on our server. My header is as follows:

$headers = "From: $recipient\r\n"; 
$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n";
mail($to, $subject, $msg, $headers);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.