PHP reasons!!

Acs

I don't dislike Java because I don't know it, I don't know it because I dislike it :)

At one time I was pretty good with Java, but after three years of programming in other languages I don't remember a whole lot. Guess saying I don't know it isn't quite true, just that it would take me a long time to get caught up in it.

The Flash plugin is a lot smaller than the JRE, and 95% of people already have it. The Flash plugin also doesn't sit in my system tray and bug me to update it when I don't need too. Also, I've ended up with multiple JRE's on my computer - the Flash plugin always just updates to the newest version.

As far as it being best at Enterprise application development - It might be? I've never made an enterprise application.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.