[SOLVED] Display wordpress correctly

mikePhp

I am wanting to display some text from my Database on another page,

I have NOW successfully created a connection and can display the text,

But the text that is displaying has, little anomalies in it and won't display just as normal text like the rest on my index page.

I have got strip_tags in-place to take the image way but how would i get it to display the text correctly

wordpress

Have a look at what i am on-about to get a better understanding..

http://www.planet-group.net/magazines/foodanddrink/?page=home

under the heading "ROD MILLINGTON"

It looks like you have characters that Microsoft Word or some program uses for apostrophes and double quotes.  They need to be replaced with plain text equivalents or html escape codes.

Well what i am not getting is,

I am dragging this from my wordpress Database, so this text is also displayed if you go to the News Link on the left nave bar, but it displays correctly in wordpress,

I know wordpress does alot of filteration of text before either inserting to Db or displaying to screen...Wondering if any one could at all shed some light on this ..

Cheers

So is there any way i can actually get it display correctly on the Main Page

The XHTML AND CSS Icons are true to the website if you care to check again Mr PFMaBiSmAd

I had 1 error in a loop, thus making look more than it actually was.

Cheers

I replied as I did because I've run into this a lot on the sites I have to work with for my company.  They were programmed haphazardly (C#.net with resource files) and the site blows up if those apostrophes/double quotes appear in any resource file.  Short of the developers checking the encoding of all the pages, I've had success with just replacing those extended-type characters in a plain text editor (or using an escape code).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.