php/javascript dynamic textareas

rajchahal

hi

Background

I'm creating an admin control panel.

I have a whats on section that stores multiple dates for events, table 1 holds event info, name, location etc

The 2nd table holds occurances of events, these are date pairs, publish-date and unpublish-date.

On the admin page I would need to to insert items into table 1 and items into table2, but with table 2 I may have more than one occurance (record) to add. As I could have 1 or more sets of dates an event occurs on.

I need only ONE button that would update both tables.

Also, to make this a bit user friendly, with table 2 I would like to have a + / - buttons So I can either add another date pair or remove a date pair. So I'm assuming I need to use javacript to do this.

The idea is to read table 2, put these occurances in a javascript array which also populates the required textfields, add some sorto of mechanism that can delete the textfield and update the array without refresh of page, once the submitted javascript transferes variables back to php and table1 and 2 are updated.

I was hoping someone can help me with this.  Appreciated

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.