PayPal Automatic Credit

dani-jo

Hello,

I'm new to the forums, but I am currently working on a website where you donate and receive "credits" in thanks. I am looking to make it so that the account donated from is automatically credited. I was going to use the redirect, but if their session times out on the account, then the automatic credit would have been useless. I've been searching for an answer to this for quite some weeks now.

Hoping someone here may be able to tell me how to work this out?

Thank you in advance!

Hello

It's late in the UK and I may be a long way off, but seeings as donations would probably require a user to be logged in to send / receive a credit anyway, couldn't you just use two database tables ... one for user_id, username, password and a second for credits, in which you could house a list of credit transactions, dates/times and so on.  Then you could run a total using PHP to ascertain the status of their "account" if you like.

Hell, if you're feeling adventurous, you could write your own Credits class and have methods to insert, update, remove, fetch credits and so on.

Like I say, I may have completely mis-understood your post but hope I can be of help in some way regardless :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.