[SOLVED] php.ini and Xampp

Hi all.

Hopefully someone will know the answer to this because otherwise there's gonna be a brand new Macbook Pro being smashed against the wall soon.

Theproblem - whatever and I mean whatever I put in the include_path directive of php.ini for my installation of XAMPP get's COMPLETELY IGNORED.

phpinfo()

reveals that the loaded ini file is the one I've edited at /Applications/xampp/etc/php.ini but STILL it refuses to pick up my include_path line...

And yes, I have uncommented the line.

Someone please please pretty please help before I end up doing something unpleasant! :-[

Assuming your stopped and started your web server to get any changes made to php.ini to take effect, then either there is a syntax error in the setting (post what you changed), or there is some other value overwriting it (either in httpd.conf, .htaccess, a local php.ini, or in your script.)

Thanks for the reply.  Well, I found the problem, about 5 minutes after posting this topic (isn't that always the way, though).

Problem:  When I had previously installed PEAR using the go-pear installer from the Terminal, it had added a property right at the very bottom of the php.ini file that read something like include_path "/usr/local/pear"

Voila, removing that line meant that the cheeky PEAR line stopped overriding what I put.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, if you want to refer to multiple include_paths in your php.ini file (for example, if you are running Zend and PEAR) you need to use the following syntax:

include_path ".:/Path/to/include:/Another/path"

That works on *nix based OS and Mac.  It's different for Windows (use a semi-colon as the path divider, rather than colon).

Best of luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.