[SOLVED] Body ID not being passed

devxtec

I have a PHP Script which uses a body id to to identify the data that needs to be loaded on the page, The body id is passed through the URL of the web page ( http://www.example.com/index.php?bod=22 ) This bod value is then picked up by the PHP script and used to pull the correct data from the MySQL database.

When I moved the website from a server running MySQL 4 & PHP 4 to a server running MySQL 5 & PHP 5 it broke the site. To verify that it was the bod ID not being passed I had the site echo out the current bod id when switching between pages. Each time it would echo out a blank value which the site then interprets to load up the default page content.

My question is would the bod id not being passed be an apache problem or a PHP issue?

Here is the index.php code which checks for the bod id.

<?php

require_once("DSI_website.php");

$site = new DSISite( "www.example.com", "localhost" );

if( isset($bod) )

{

$site->Generate_Page($bod);

}

else

{

$site->Generate_Page();

}

echo $site->page;

?>

And here is the Generate Page function.

Function Generate_Page( $page_index="default" ) {

$this->page = "";

$this->page .= $this->Start_Page();

$this->page .= $this->Output_Header();

$this->page .= $this->Output_Links();

$this->page .= "<div id=\"sub\">\n";

$this->page .= $this->Output_Ads();

$this->page .= $this->Output_Body( $page_index );

$this->page .= "</div>\n";

$this->page .= $this->Output_Footer();

$this->page .= $this->Finish_Page();

}

Any help is greatly appreciated.  ;D

Thanks for the help. Once you both said to use $_GET['bod'] it was like a light bulb coming on in my head. I'm shocked I didn't realize that. Anyway I put that in place and had it set to the value of $bod and it's working now. Again thanks everyone!

And the sad thing about this is register_globals were turned off in php 6 years ago in 2002 and no code should have been written after that point in time that relied on them being on. There are going to be a lot of unhappy people and a lot of work fixing code when php6 comes out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.