Msn account checker

Mickle...

Hey, i've been trying to make this MSN account checker. Becuase Microsoft's login is encrypted so well it uses the unencrypted ebuddy mobile login. It kinda works, becuase theres no error messages, but it always says Invalid Login :/

<?

function curl_file_get_contents($url) {
      $ch = curl_init();
      curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,true);
      curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_URL,$url);
      $ret = curl_exec($ch);
      curl_close($ch);
      return($ret);
   }

$user = $REQUEST_['username'];
   $pass = $REQUEST_['password'];
   $datum = date('d-m-Y / H:i:s');
   $ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
   $page = "Logout";

$url = 'http://shanghai.ebuddy.com/multi/mob/login.vm?network=MSN&login=Sign+in&user='.urlencode($user).'&password='.urlencode($pass)';
      $content = curl_file_get_contents($url);

if( preg_match($page, $content) ){ 
         print ("Valid");   
      }
      else{ 
         print ("Invalid");
      }

?> 

E.g. of eBuddy logon link if its useful.

http://shanghai.ebuddy.com/multi/mob/login.vm?network=MSN&login=Sign+in&user=a@a.com&password=none

Any help would be reaaaally appreciated :)

I think you'll probably need a slightly more complex cURL request to log in. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the login requies a user agent to be set, possibly a referrer, potentially a token set in the form.

You'll need to take a detailed look at the data being send to the server (i'd use the live HTTP headers extension for firefox) and try to replicate that as well as you can. Use the options as detailed in the manual to add in other headers.

You may even need to make multiple requests and have a cookie saved at various points (MySpace login via cURL is hideous).

Never seen a decent cURL tutorial to be honest. Part of the problem is that it's quite situation specific. If you google, you may find someone else has already written something to login to msn. If not, google for cURL logins to other large sites (e.g. yahoo, myspace). It'll at least give you some ideas to pursue.

So you have the username and password for an account and would like to see if the account exists? I would have to wonder why you'd have the username and password for an account that doesn't exist...

But i would say that trying to login is probably the only way of finding out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.