Last forum's posts problem with smilies

Grandfather

Hello there! :-)

I'm knew here, don't eat me. ;)

I run a php site and want to show last forum's posts. That is easy. The problem appears when the post includes some smilies. They just don't what to appear. I went to the db table "posts" and saw that smilie's src is something like "{SMILIES_DIR}/smilie_name.gif". I guess "{SMILIES_DIR}" has something about forums template, but i still don't know how to work with templates. Is there a simple way to add a value to "{SMILIES_DIR}" in my php file before showing last posts? Something like "{SMILIES_DIR} = forums/smilies/"? If it's possible there should'nt be a problem to display smilie by itself after that? Or i'm just too stuped? :)

And sorry for my bad english.

I epect if you take a look at the page which outputs the topics normally you will find that, prior to being echoed, the post is run through a function which will replace the text for the smiley with an image tag. You'll need to put your last post through that function too.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.