Can php be used for

turkman

Logging onto websites and performing tasks? I always assumed it was just for your own server but some threads ive been seeing seem to suggest it can connect to other websites.

Would it be possible to create a php file that logs into a web forum and posts or something like that?

sure just have to edit your db connection from localhost to the ip you want and insert into the forum table.

i.e.

<?php

/**
* Connect to the mysql database.
*/
$conn = mysql_connect("IP_OF_THE_SERVER", "username", "password") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db('database_name', $conn) or die(mysql_error());

?>

Thats really cool and adds a whole extra dimension to php for me. I post on quite a few forums, im gonna try and make a bot for one. Not to spam or anything. Just to try and read from it and reply to a command

I used to make yahoo bots to sit in chat rooms and take commands to google things and display the results on the page, it was very hard this seems alot easier.

Yea i just came back on to say that. I got mixed up that cant be right. Initally i was thinking more along the lines of using header(Www.webname.com/viewforum.php)

Then somehow reading the content from there or sending $post information with my forum username and password to whatever page recieves the post information.

Would something like that work?

Yea i just came back on to say that. I got mixed up that cant be right. Initally i was thinking more along the lines of using header(Www.webname.com/viewforum.php)

Then somehow reading the content from there or sending $post information with my forum username and password to whatever page recieves the post information.

Would something like that work?

Yes. That's exactly how a cURL request works.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.