[SOLVED] PHP Vs Javascript

adam84

I know totally different, but I just wanted to know if I do all my data validation after my form has been submitted is that considered to be good coding or should I do the validation first in javascript, then recheck everything in PHP. As of now, I am just doing everything in PHP because in a few past posts, people have said to validate the data in PHP because Javascript can be turned off. So if a user can turn their Javascript off, is it even worth validating in Javascript at all?

Thanks

1.) Always validate server side.

2.) Add validation client side so that it is more user friendly. It is far nicer for the user to be told immediately that their username is not long enough than to fill out the rest of the form, wait a while, then be told. Not to mention lighter load on your server.

As GingerRobot said, it's good to have the checking in there. Personally, I only validate via PHP, but I build my scripts to refill the form with previously submitted data to help ease the burden for having to fill out everything again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.