try to do . some what like Drop down menu but in HTML form i thinks its caled Co

yanivkalfa

Hey i am trying to make a drop down menu but not exacly like drop down its like the one that comes in form . like list .. you pic item and the item's value been sent on submit -- i thinks its called Combobox but i want to designed it my self and i have no simple idea where to start looking . thanks in advanced ..

have a question do you people ajax / javascrip/ xml / dhtml / are realy realy needed for websiting ? i mean if i realy realy wonna get good at it . sould i learn this as well . PHP/CSS /HTML wont be enough ?.

Please try to speak using proper English, your post is not easily read. When you say that you want to design the combo box yourself, do you mean how it looks? If so, you could set a background, and using padding to make the text appear properly. I did so with a regular text input to make it look like the Thunderbird Search Bar.

well i simply have a pic, i want the pic to be the Combobox . i want that the user logon the site . see a pic clicks on this pic and then choose the list that opens .. and when you click on 1 of the options, the text field i have near it will change with the word inside that options.

main problem is how to make the Combobox looks the way i want it . i'll give you example on how i want it .. go to here: http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

there is on the righ side a combobox that looks nice i want to make something that will look nice as well on the same idea . just other look.

and i have no slitest idea how to make it . please any help would be nice

Well if its only been done by flash . i have something else i would like to know

<form name="form" id="form">
  <select name="jumpMenu" id="jumpMenu" onchange="MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)">
    <option value="a">item1</option>
    <option value="s">item2</option>
    <option value="a">item3</option>
    </select>
</form>

this is the HTMl thingy for Jump meu .. its when you have some options and a text field or a window and when you click on 1 o the Options this text field/window changes acording to your choise i thinks it has some java scripts in it but dont know . how its done . thanks in advanced

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.