Why would employers want php coders with experience with asp?

ryy705

Hello,

I just checked out a bunch of online php job offers on dice and monster.  To my surprise, a lot of employers want coders with asp experience(along with php of course, thats what I was searching for).  Why on earth is that?  Aren't asp and php disjoint technologies?  I would have understood if they want a php coder with some perl experience.

Are they just trying to kill two birds with one stone by finding a guy who can work on both linux and micro$oft servers?  Or is there something I don't about asp and php?  Are php and asp somehow connected in the work field?

Please do not turn this into a asp vs. php thread.  That is NOT what I am asking for.  I just want to why an employer would want a php coder with asp experience.

I think CV nailed it - a lot of times they just list a bunch of stuff.

I know when I had to hire someone, the more stuff they had listen the more I questioned whether they knew anything at all. Not sure how many of these I knew away:

Experience:

Rite Aid Cashier / Computers

Skills:

PHP

Cold Fusion

ASP

ASP.net

VB

C++

Java

Javascript

HTML

Flash

Flex

Photoshop

Dreamweaver

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.