Download a BLOB from MySQL

$username

Hello All,

I have been working on uploading files to MySQL and than retrieving them.

They upload fine. But when I go to download them it seems to add extra info to the file.

The code seems to be the first 31 lines of my index page. The code below is what I use to gather the BLOB from MySQL.

Is there something wrong with this?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

include 'dbopen.php';
include 'dbconnect.php';
if(isset($_GET['attachid']))
{
$AttachID    = $_GET['attachid'];
$query611 = "SELECT AttachName, AttachType, AttachSize, AttachContent FROM attachments WHERE AttachID = '$AttachID'";

$result611 = mysql_query($query611) or die(mysql_error());
list($AttachName, $AttachType, $AttachSize, $AttachContent) = mysql_fetch_array($result611);
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=$AttachName");
header("Content-length: $AttachSize");
header("Content-type: $AttachType");

echo "$AttachContent";

At a quick glance everything looks okay there. Can you show the code where you insert it into the database?

I seem to remember having problems with this in the past myself. I was getting corrupted image files and pulled my hair our trying to figure out why. I think I ultimately stored the data as hex and then converted it when I pulled it out... but I think an easier solution would be to use base64_encode and base64_decode to normalize the data. You'll want to encode it before insertion and then decode it when you pull it out.

So after hours have gone by I have found out that there is something with PHP and not calling the page directly.

In my index.php file I have a line of code looks like this

$DownloadAttachment = $_GET['dlattachment'];

if ($DownloadAttachment == 1) {

include_once 'downloadattachments.php';

}else{

echo "";

}

So the URL that downloads the code is index.php?dlattachment=1&attlink=account&typeid=2008071433605000000&attachid=7

So when I made the URL work like this

downloadattachments.php?dlattachment=1&attlink=account&typeid=2008071433605000000&attachid=7

It downloads the file just fine.

I think that is crazy but it worked. I dont know if this is a bug or not. I am more so thinking that its my sloppy code.

Thanks for your input. I am currently reading about base64 code.

Thank you,

Brett

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.