[SOLVED] Website print preview strange error

skyer2000

The website I'm working on is producing a strange error in Firefox. I have a different stylesheet for when users print the site.

In IE and Safari, the print preview works perfectly on long pages. However, in firefox, it cuts it down to only one page of text, pushes it to the second page of the print preview, then makes a blank 3rd page, regardless of how long it actually should be.

You can see an example of this at www.rcpd.msu.edu/FAQ

Any ideas?

You should declare media="screen" to your rcpd.css. Just because you have told browsers that your print.css file is for print media doesn't mean that the browsers fully understand that the rcpd.css isn't for print. Know what I mean? You might have some CSS creeping into your print preview from the rcpd.css.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.