MAJOR MySQL - PHP database problem. One entry overwritten whole database!!! Help

winnard2008

Hi Guys,

Yesterday our company site has been dealt a huge blow. One of our admin girls entered as she always does a business into our database. However for some reason unknown to us that entry has overwritten EVERY other business entry with what the admin girl typed in yesterday.

6000+ businesses now have exactly the same company name, address and phone number.

You can view what I mean here.

http://www.myweddingdreams.co.uk/suppliersearch/area/Essex/category/Photographers

We asked our server guy to restore the database to 24 hours before this happened, as the databases get backed up daily. This however has not resolved the issue. I have emailed him again and asked him to go back 24 hours earlier in case the back up coincided with the admin girl entering the details. So i await a response for that.

Either way, even if we restore, if we enter a business entry again could the same thing happen???

Is there a chance it is a PHP error somewhere, although it was working fine the day before the entry and none of the pages have been touched for over 2 months, and business entries have been frequent in that time.

If there is anybody out there who has had the same issue and knows how to resolve it please could you get in contact. We obviously do not want to have to start again with this database.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Dan

You'd have to let someone see the source to determine whether the problem is with the PHP, your best bet is to have your server guy take a look at the whole system and identify the problem.

Anyway, once you restored the database it should have been fine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.