Network Communications Contractor Website

maxudaskin

to be honest with you, it's quite boring and not terribly functional.  you've got a very small section that you can use for nav, and the globe really has no relevance whatsoever to the site's content.  i understand that it may be your logo, in which case, i'd suggest re-evaluating your choice of logo.  it's so generic your company might as well be called "industry services inc.," which has no discernible meaning.

it's hard to give more design feedback without seeing what you intend to do for the content within the main body.  that's my $0.02 on what's there so far.

You got your shadow in there, but the site overall is too grey.  The globe needs some color (green, little blue) and some highlights, maybe little cat5 cables swooping around it, something. . . . I think it's good that for a Network Communications Contractor site you would make it accessible for those who use lower resolutions as opposed to what akitchin said that was too small.  Most businesses want the most simple website to make it more accessible to the customers - maybe just a couple pages to get the general idea of the business because a lot of them are not ready for global internet marketing or have the need to.

I would tilt the globe and resize to fit inside the header next to the company name, finish painting and adding highlights.  Then work on the border around your logo by adding shadow and highlight to make glistening chrome bars.  If you think of the Earth as it sits in the universe, it's a little out of place and I think it would really fit your theme as a network communication site in collaboration with the company name as your logo.  Logo should be a brand, and as the globe sits in your layout now, it looks as if it doesn't belong there overlapping the border of your header.

Work on your layout, place in some fake content to fill the space and get the general idea of how it will compliment the rest of the page.

i agree with DevML that you will probably want to fit the globe into the central band, rather than having it overlap with the two horizontal bands.  that will avoid making a stark contrast between the 3D and 2D.

i personally still think the globe doesn't mean anything relevant.  even a server rack or a stock photo of cat5 cable would be better, even though those are just as cliche.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.