Heading Tags Using right?

cooldude832

I'm applying what I think is good SEO web 2.0 by using heading tags but I'm questioning my methods

What should H1 be (my site's title its in the logo which is all characters)(for this page it be phpfreaks)

The Main descriptor of the page (for this page it be Heading Tags Using right?)

or somethign else

My rest of my strucutre is this

h2 (what ever H1 isn't)

h3 Higher up items in my navi (on this page phpfreaks forums or "other" I only have 2 levells)

h4 is sup navi items (SEO)

h5 will be a sub heading in the main content area

Any suggestions?

You H1 tag should be the same as your title tag. Your site logo may also have an alt attribute that is identical, but this isn't necessarily going to be the case if you have more than a one page website.

If you think of the way that you would write a report using word or a similar word processor, and consider the emphasis placed on the headers, then it should be easy to see how you would structure your "report". This is actually a great way start a website. Write the content, and then style it...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.